A look into his mind.
Darren Cannell is an award winning wildlife artist and has published two best-selling amazon kindle books on how to draw using a tablet. He has sold his art around the world and taught high school art for 10 years of his teaching career.
Darren Cannell's father was in the Canadian military, which required the family to move every three years of his life until he was 17. He lived in Canada, the United States and Germany and in many different locations in each country and attended seven different schools. This childhood upbringing greatly impacted his adult life and assisted in giving him a worldly view.
* GSCS retired elementary and high school teacher, and administrator
* Education degrees, Masters in Distance Education and PHD Candidate in Online Learning
* Proposed, Developed and Administered the Saskatoon Catholic Cyber School from its inception for 14 years.
* Arbus Award Winner - highest honour that Saskatchewan teaching profession can confer.
* Native Survival School Teacher - (now Oskayak)
* President of Saskatchewan Volleyball Association and Director of Volleyball Canada for four years, head coach Largest Saskatchewan volleyball club head coach for 10 years
* Microsoft Innovative Teacher Award
* Google Certified Educator
* Global Hero in Education (Microsoft Award)
* Professional award winning digital and wildlife artist
* Past Brock University Volleyball and Provincial Wheelchair Basketball Player and currently a soccer player
* Raised in Germany, United States and Canada - Military family.
* Travel around the world to learn, and has travelled to over 80 countries
* Darren is a father and husband.
* His views on education embrace the future